Hillside’s mission is “To honour God by leading people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ”. Our goal is to challenge each person to take steps forward in their spiritual life, regardless of the length of time they have attended church. We believe our church will be healthier and more effective as we take those steps. The Discipleship Diamond helps people to connect, grow and serve as they go ALL IN for Jesus.
- On average, more than 600 people attended Sunday morning services (with a vision of a 1,000 by 2020)
- 80 newcomers this year attended the “Getting Started” class
- Fostered a culture of invitation where friends invited their friends to church
- Many people attended the “Grow” class
- More than 50% of adults attending Hillside are in a growth group (The Story)
- Many people participated in core courses on spiritual formation, stewardship, marriage, and attended the annual Global Leadership Summit
- Hundreds of children and youth attended weekly premier family ministries
- Many people attended the “Finding Your Serve” class
- Hundreds volunteered weekly to sustain our 7 day a week ministry including more than 100 who regularly “celebrated and served” on Sunday mornings in our parking, greeters, ushers, video cafe, worship, A/V, Waumba Land, KidZone, and Fuel ministry teams
- People served locally beyond our walls in our city and around the world on mission trips
- 81 people attended the “All In” membership class and became members
- Hundreds renewed their membership on our 40th Anniversary Sunday
Today, the physical constraints of our present facilities restrict our ability to pursue these passions in even greater ways. The Imagine campaign will make it possible to achieve our mission with exponentially greater impact.