The building plan that will build stronger community
Hillside is known as a warm, caring and friendly church where community is valued and changed lives matter. It is a safe place for people to find and follow Jesus and get connected with other believers in a growing faith community. Our strong sense of community is a value we will continue to protect and strengthen going forward. We don’t want that to change! We simply want to create the space and opportunity for more people to participate in 52 fantastic Sundays, leverage programs in our premiere family ministries, and actively take next steps in becoming fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The building project (estimated at approximately $4 Million) is broken down into two phases. The Imagine campaign goal for phase 1 is $2.5 Million. Phase 1 focuses on:
- the construction of a new fully finished and furnished 500 seat multi-purpose auditorium equipped with state of the art audio and visual equipment
- the new auditorium will be 8100 square feet
- the expansion of our lobby expansion by of an additional 1431 square feet, bringing the total square footage of our lobby up to 2857 square feet.
- creating additional parking for our growing congregation
Phase 2 focuses on:
- an expanded lobby with options for alternate viewing areas of the service
- a new welcome centre
- a new main entrance
- an expanded basement to grow our children’s ministries
- renovations to upstairs washrooms
1st Quarter (winter) – 2015:
- Design issued for tender and review.
- Tender trade disciplines completed.
- Final budget review.
- Building permit in hand.
2nd Quarter (spring) – 2015:
- April groundbreaking – construction begins!
3rd Quarter (summer) – 2015:
- Construction continues
4th Quarter (fall) – 2015:
- Substantial completion
1st Quarter (winter) – January 2016:
- Final completion and occupancy
- Grand Opening Celebration!
Imagine Campaign Booklet:
Download PDF by clicking here