MONCTON’S NORTH END CONTINUES TO GROW
Moncton’s North End continues to grow and one church in the area has responded to that growth by making room for more through the recent completion of their new 500 seat state of the art auditorium. Pastor Jerry Reddy, in his 23rd year as Senior Pastor says, “Hillside continues to experience incredible momentum and we’re looking forward to welcoming the community to join us for our official Grand Opening on May 1st”.
To mark the celebration of this exciting project, the community is invited to attend the special Grand Opening services at Hillside Baptist Church, 2290 Mountain Road, on Sunday, May 1st, at 9:00 and 11:00am. For your convenience, you and your family can choose to attend either one of these 2 identical services.
As part of their Grand Opening, the church will also be making a special donation to the local Nemo Foundation (Irishtown community) to honour the legacy of Janiva Willis. Janiva “Jay” was a star athlete and inspiring philanthropist who recently passed away through a tragic motor vehicle accident. Through the Nemo Foundation, Janiva’s dream of helping children including those in her hometown community is still being kept alive.
The church’s new $3M auditorium is a warm and welcoming multi-purpose venue that was made possible through the incredible generosity of its congregants who stepped up to support their “Imagine: His Story, Our Time” capital campaign. This new space will not only hold their two identical Sunday morning services at 9&11am but will also be conveniently used for round table events such as banquets, conferences, and special family programs. “It was really important to keep the community feel of our church” Pastor Jerry remarked in a recent address. “Many people mention there is an intimacy to our congregation, a warmth and friendliness that we do not want to lose.”
When asked about Hillside’s continued growth and momentum, Pastor Jerry mentioned a focus on young families. “We don’t want to just babysit kids, we believe the most vital years for spiritual development can be the early years of a child’s life”. Hillside has a staff of 18 and is also blessed with hundreds of committed volunteers with a majority primarily focused on partnering with families from cradle to college. “Our unique Premiere Family Ministry vision is about helping parents in one of life’s most challenging roles, the raising of a child”. In addition to this focus on the next generation, Hillside is known for their engaging and relevant Sunday morning services. Their goal is to give people something from the Bible on Sunday that will make a difference in their lives on Monday. This spring they also have over 300 people currently enrolled in the world famous Alpha, Youth Alpha, and Alpha Marriage courses that are being offered at the church on Sunday nights.
Hillside welcomes the public to join them for their “Welcome Home” Grand Opening services on May 1st (identical services at 9&11am). There will be a ribbon cutting, inspiring music, exciting highlights, greetings from dignitaries, refreshments, and guided tours available to check out the new and recently upgraded facilities.
SIGN UP FOR A TOUR
THE IMAGINE STORY
- Imagine 40 years ago when in 1974, three small churches risked leaving the past and launched into the future with a bold vision to do a greater work for God.
- Think of where we are today having celebrated a banner 40th Anniversary year in 2014 in which we exceeded all expectations – imagine!
- This past year has been a time of unprecedented growth and impact marked by record setting attendances, baptisms, new members and generosity.
- Here we stand, poised for the next 40 years as a leading Acts 2 lighthouse church in the region and knowing that the best days are ahead.
- Now, it is our time to imagine what more God can do through our continued obedience and trust as the Spirit prompts to create greater capacity for people to come to know Jesus.
IMAGINE IMPACTING FUTURE GENERATIONS…
Imagine the impact as we make extra space for people by building a new auditorium to enlarge our services. This would free up the old auditorium and give us additional opportunities to connect with even more children and their families through our thriving next generation ministries. Will you imagine with us?
- Imagine your neighbours coming to Hillside and having their lives transformed by a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Imagine your family members making God a priority once again.
- Imagine the excitement of inviting your co-workers to come with you on a Sunday, and on Monday they tell you how meaningful it was and that they’re planning to go back for more.
- Imagine families making vital connections with other families as they grow and are encouraged together.
- Imagine what it would be to like to see over a 1,000 people worshipping the Lord and being deepened in their faith through our 52 fantastic Sundays by the year 2020.
- Imagine a whole new generation of children, teens, and young adults as well as their parents being nurtured in their faith and strengthened in their home life because of our highly valued premiere family ministries.
- Imagine having more seating available at optimal times to welcome bigger crowds and not have to turn anyone away at our annual Christmas Candlelight services, Good Friday and Easter services.
- Imagine having the capacity to continue growing one of the largest and most exciting Vacation Bible Schools, children’s and youth ministries of any church in Atlantic Canada.
- Imagine a church that has the mindset that its been blessed to be a blessing and is generously releasing more resources to make a difference both locally and globally