First Impressions Volunteers
Every Sunday is someone’s first Sunday at Hillside. Imagine joining a team that has fun creating a welcoming environment for our guests.
The volunteers within First Impressions work hard to create an environment where each guest feels safe and comfortable. You can expect to have fun, care for guests, share community with your team, and play a significant role in helping someone have a remarkable experience. We are one large team that can be seen helping our guests in multiple areas:
- Parking Team – Parking volunteers proactively provide a warm welcome, clear directions, and safe paths for guests entering and exiting our campus.
- Greeter Team – These volunteers serve our guests at the doors, in the hallways, and in the auditoriums by making them feel valued with a sincere greeting, a genuine smile, a friendly presence, a fond farewell, and by providing general assistance during their visit.
- Usher Team – Ushers greet people as they enter the sanctuary, assist with seating, distribute bulletins, answer questions, and receive the offering. These volunteers help create an environment where people, regardless of where they might be in their individual relationships with God, can “feel at home”.
- Welcome Center Team – This team provides assistance and a warm welcome to anyone who comes to the Welcome Center, before and after the services.
- Coffee Team – The Coffee Team provides coffee and tea for both services. which creates an opportunity for guests and attenders to meet & mingle, while grabbing a hot cup of coffe/tea. This ministry is a great way to wake up the world to Jesus, literally.
- Bagel Team – The Bagel Team helps people feel welcome with a variety of toasted bagels, tasty snacks and a big smiles. Are you a person who knows that there is something special that happens around food and you want that experience for others? At Hillside we are all about creating environments for life-changing conversations to be had.
There is currently not a date set for 1st Impr Orientation.
We’d love to tell you more about opportunities to get involved with our Guest Services team. Fill out this form to attend an upcoming orientation. Be sure to put the date on your calendar, but you will also receive a reminder email a few days before. We’re excited to see you on one of our teams!